Punch it up at your next party with an all-rounder punch recipe to entertain the masses. Punch is as versatile as the ingredients used to make it. There are summer punch recipes, Christmas punch recipes, sophisticated punch recipes and mocktail punch recipes. We’ve chosen an easy drinking punch recipe using fresh fruit and spirits you’re likely to already have in your drinks cupboard or, if not, are easily attainable.
If you’re catering for a crowd you’ll need to triple or even quadruple the recipe. And to ensure that your large batch stays chilled without becoming watery, serve in a punch bowl (or big jug) set within a larger bowl of crushed ice.
- 2kg seedless watermelon, halved, rind removed
- 70g (⅓ cup) caster sugar
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh lemon juice
- 750ml (3 cups) chilled ginger ale
- 375ml (1 ½ cups) chilled vodka
- 750ml (3 cups) chilled sparkling wine or prosecco
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked